Fees and Additional Information
Georgia Saxophone Retreat Registration Fee - $850.00
- 6-night stay in Unicoi State Park Cabins
- All meals (breakfast, lunch, dinner, plus snacks, beverages)
- Rotating group lessons with each of our camp instructors
- One outdoor adventure activity (zip lining, archery, water sports, etc.)
- Complimentary product samples courtesy of Vandoren USA
- Exclusive trial of Yamaha Saxophones courtesy of Yamaha USA, and Selmer-Paris and Yanagisawa Professional Saxophones courtesy of Conn-Selmer and Ponce De Leon Music
- Georgia Saxophone Retreat T-Shirt
Campers should plan to bring the following:
- Clothing for one week; variety to suit possible weather conditions
- At least one pair closed-toe shoes as we will be mostly outside
- Current medication(s)
- Toiletries (shampoo, body wash, deodorant, toothbrush, etc.)
- Bath towel(s) - (there are laundry facilities onsite)
- Saxophone(s) and required equipment, and all applicable music
- Personal items (cell phone, iPad, games/activities for free time, etc)
Scholarship Application materials due by May 1, 2020.
*Scholarship Funds are limited.* Scholarships will be based on financial need and there is an application process requiring the following:
- Signed statement of financial need from parents/guardians
- Brief list of student's musical achievements, previous camp/workshop experiences, etc.
- Incomplete applications will not be considered
- Scholarship notifications will be made by May 6, 2020
- Campers with financial need are encouraged to reach out to local booster clubs, arts councils, and church organizations for additional help
Ensuring a safe and enjoyable camp experience for everyone is our top priority. Campers will be supervised by GSR staff at ALL times. All participants will be required to complete a Georgia Saxophone Retreat Liability Waiver before start of camp.
Additionally, Unicoi State Park has staff on-site 24/7 including Park Rangers, should we require any assistance.